9/11/2008

Malls = Samosas

We did go to the mall on Wednesday. We actually went to two malls. They are more like blocks of shops really rather than malls as we know them. Aunt Marg dropped us at the first one (Shoppers) on her way out and we went and grabbed a coffee first from a small shop in a bookstore. The bookstore is pretty expensive but the coffee shop is not as bad, unless you compare the 3000tsh for a latte to the 700tsh for a Dalla Dalla ride. After the coffee we walked around and looked at the shops, grabbed some cash, groceries and of course some samosas. We then walked down the road past the shops to Mayfair. It too had numerous shops and a grocery story and also a couple of restaurants. One in particular is a Japanese restaurant which I hope we’ll be able to visit.

In the afternoon we started making plans for the rest of our time here. Eric has decided not to attempt Kilomanjaro this time and I hope that it won’t be long until we can plan another trip for him to try it, maybe even both of us. Instead we are both going to go to Arusha and take a couple days touring around the area and doing some hikes. From there we’ll go to Acacia Camp for a few days to celebrate our Honeymoon.

Today we went shopping with Aunt Marg again, this time at a different mall. My mom would be
happy to know I’m not spending all my money just enjoying the air conditioning. We found some more samosa’s that we decided we really should test to make sure they were good too. Turns out they were pretty good but needed a little lime. After getting home Eric and I both had a nap to try and get over his cold. He is feeling a little better but I think it will be a day or two still for full recovery.

After our nap Eric, Aunt Marg and I went to the beach. They are lucky enough to have a membership at a private beach which means they don’t have to be constantly guarding their belongings on the beach while trying to enjoy the water. It was really great to walk through the warm water and search for shells. The sun was actually shrouded a little by clouds so I didn’t even end up sun burned...very cool and unusual. After our fun in the sun we met Uncle Tej for some wood-fired pizzas. We will deffinetly be going back to the beach soon and often.

Tomorrow is India’s Birthday and Eric and I are going to make burgers for dinner after the party. I’m really excited to get to cook for everyone. I even think we should be able to find everything we normally use at home. Oh, and we’re having samosas for lunch!!!!

lisa

Eric 4 Lisa 4

1 comment:

AndreaJ said...

No mountain climb? I bet it's just cause you're both waiting to go with me... right?

I wish I was there with all of you. Experiencing life in Africa! Perhaps it will happen sooner than I thought.

I love you and I love reading about your adventures!