9/16/2008

For every Horn there is a Speed Bump.

Well here we are in Arusha. We did make it and we do have internet, slow but it is here. The drive was well, interesting. We started out leaving Dar at 0830 and made our way North West to our sleeping grounds, ten hours after we started out. I never realized how much I like a drive with no music and no noise until today. It seemed to me that every time we came in to any small town (every ten minutes) there was a speed bump set out for us as a red carpet. The biggest difference with the driving that I noticed today was that when they pass somebody they don’t wait for an open space they just pull out and give a couple honks with the horn to tell the oncoming to get the h#ll out of the way. After we arrived at the bus stop we got a taxi and made our way to our pad, The Outpost. A nice quick dinner later and we were ready to stretch our legs unpack and enjoy the higher elevations cooler temps (24 degrees at 2100). For the first time in the history of Lisa and I knowing each other I heard her say thank god for that breeze and the cool air.

Off to rest my butt from the flat seated bus, goodnight.

Eric.

Eric 12 Lisa 8.125

No comments: