9/13/2008

Kariakoo

Uncle Tej took us to Kariakoo today and it’s was mind blowing basically. The basic description is roads and roads of vendors, bargain hunters, cars, bikes, and two white people with wide eyes (that would be us). There we massive stacks of dried fish and spices, numerous shoe and clothing stores, kitchen ware stores, vegetable stands, appliance and furniture stores, you could pretty much get anything you wanted. Of course the price depended on how good you were at bartering . We didn’t get anything today but when we get back from Arusha I expect to go again and see what deals I can get. Tomorrow we are going to the fish market early which should be all kinds of interesting. I can’t wait to get a bag of large prawns for lunch.

Eric and I are both feeling quite tired today most likely because of the heat and the time we spent out in it. We also went and bought a cell phone so I would say we spent a good four hours in the sun today.


lisa

2 comments:

AndreaJ said...

I trust you took a million pictures of Kariakoo. I, of course, will need to see those.

Is your competition something creepy and gross? Or something completely awesome?

I love you.

Milton Explorers said...

I took no pictures of Kariakoo because I really wasn't sure how safe that would be or what kind of security situation we were setting ourselves up for. We will go back when we come back to Dar and I'll ask Omari about taking the camera.

The competition is not gross and we think it's awesome.

I love you too!