10/16/2008

Been a while...

I actually don’t remember what day I posted last...that’s a good sign I’ve officially gotten into the travelling mind frame.

Here’s a quick run down of what we’ve done since then:

- Celebrated Thanksgiving by calling our families and eating fried chicken, spring rolls and rice noodle soup. Not exactly a Canadian Thanksgiving but ....

- Hung around the bungalow for a day and went and got massages. Eric ended up with a guy giving him the massage which might have been not horrible except, he had bigger calluses than Eric usually has. NASTY!

- Eric went snorkelling with Terry and Nhan. Nhan doesn’t like fish or sea cucumbers, apparently it was pretty funny.

- I got a pedicure and a facial, I think I had a better day but Eric would argue otherwise.

- Had dinner at Noot’s again with a French couple and surprisingly I understood more French than I thought. I let Nhan order for us and I didn’t die, I even had Som Tom (Papaya Salad) again!

- Eric told me it’s hard to listen to me talk because I talk in broken English when we’re around other people so they can understand what I’m saying. I think this means Eric can’t understand what I’m saying...but this really isn’t any different than normal!

- Went to a restaurant run by an Italian and had the very best Fettuccini Carbonara I’ve ever had and some Argentinean steaks that rival anything you can get at home. Spectacular!!!!

- Survived the Full Moon party. It’s basically 25,000 people on a beach with pounding music and a great deal of debauchery. Thankfully for my Grandma and Mom, I’m an old lady apparently and we were home relatively early.

- Listened to the Flames FINALLLLLLLY win a game against Colorado. It was really good to hear Peter Mahr say “and you can put it in the Win column!” We listened to the game inside for the most part so that we didn’t have to compete with the rustling leaf noise from the Coconut trees.

- Realized that we will no longer have ANY friends when we get home because they are all reading this and thinking ‘Coconut trees rustling, are you kidding me? What spoiled rotten dorks they are!’

- Went to the beach today and got a little sun burned, not bad, just toasty! Oh well, with base tan I’m sure it will be golden in days!

- Again with the no friends thing.

- Hung out with our Austrian friends (Christophe and Yvonne) and played with the puppies and other dogs. I’m still not allowed to take one home. Still Lame! Eric is starting to fall in love though.

- Talked about going fishing tomorrow, not really counting on it though.

- We’ve been watching the weather at home and chuckling about the fact that it’s currently 930am in Calgary and still 0 C. In the back of our minds we’re silently dreading coming home and freezing our butts off. Someone suggested we go to South America next instead of coming home, kind of seems like a good idea. Don’t worry, we miss our dog too much to do that...oh and all of our non-friends too!

No comments: