8/17/2011

loungeburger


As my sister astutely pointed out, I owe you all a restaurant review and I didn’t do it.  Well here’s the thing, I think that says a lot about my experience there, it was forgettable.

loungeburger looks great when you first walk in and the bar really draws your attention with it’s great faux rock faces, unfortunately after about ten minutes you start to realize the serious need for a false ceiling in the place so that you don’t have to see the stacks of junk on the top floor.  Ok, admittedly it’s not likely that most people would notice this but I did and it drove me nuts.  The saving grace was the bathrooms which were pretty freaking awesome with a wicked patterned tile on the walls and some inventive sinks cut from marble.  [Full disclosure:  I LOVE bathrooms.  If I’m in a restaurant it’s what I check out first to know how classy (or not) the place is.]

True to it’s name loungeburger concentrates on burgers mostly and they are good.  But for a place that concentrates on burgers I expected more than good, I expected exceptional.  I had the Kobe Beef Burger with a salad and while it was better than Wendy’s it didn’t come anywhere close to my expectations.  For that matter I didn’t think it really lived up to the menu description which included horseradish aioli and a pretzel bun, neither of which I thought were in the burger that I received.  Couple that with the half dead lettuce mixed through my salad and I left feeling like a Happy Meal would have done more to brighten my day!


It would be unfair to end this review without pointing out that we did have good service and to a person, the four others with me absolutely loved their burgers and raved about them for quite a while.  I suppose my final assessment would be, try it and let me know what you think, but for heaven’s sake don’t look up because the ceiling is ugly.

2 comments:

AndreaJ said...

Thank you for appeasing my need to enjoy new and expensive restaurants vicariously through you.

Milton Explorers said...

Psst - I didn't really enjoy this one. Just saying.